In the event of a search call-out, please do not attend:
- If you, your close family or a member of household have (or have recently had) any respiratory infection or symptoms
- If you or a household member are currently required to self-isolate
- You have a medical condition that is an additional risk factor for COVID-19
- If any member of your household or a close contact is awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
If you do attend a search call-out:
1. BSAR gear will NOT BE ISSUED: GPS, CB radio, radio chest harness.
So please bring your own if you can:
- GPS & batteries
- CB radio & batteries
- Radio chest harness
2. Bring Your Own:
- Mask supply. A mask be worn on the bus, around the Command Post, when in transport vehicles and while searching.
- Personal supplies of sanitiser, wipes, disposable gloves, small rubbish bag
- Scrub gloves and safety glasses
3. Social distancing will be implemented during transport and search operations as required.
For more information about protective measures see:
- About coronavirus (COVID-19) – Department of Health and Human Services Victoria
- 2019 Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Health.vic
Peter Campbell, BSAR Convener