The Bush Search and Rescue Victoria Committee administers and operates Bush Search and Rescue.
BSAR Committee members are:
- The Convener, endorsed by the Bushwalking Victoria Board
- At least ten Field Organisers (FOs)
- Six Police Liaison Officers (PLOs)
- Delegates from participating clubs and individual members
- Representatives of the Police Search and Rescue Squad.
- Membership Secretary
- Equipment Officer
- Peer Support Coordinator
The Committee meets at least six times annually to:
- Regularly plan and conduct search practices
- Maintain the call-out system
- Maintain the call-out list
- Encourage recruitment of new individuals and clubs
- Appoint PLOs and FOs annually, by election if necessary
- Maintain the Peer Support Group
- Review each search and follow up any issues
- Develop and review the policies and procedures
- Liaise with the Police and other agencies
- Seek and manage funding
- Purchase and maintain specialist equipment
- Respond to requests for information and advice
Members are kept informed of the activities of the Committee through delegates and via email communications.
Bush Search and Rescue also has an Executive that assists the Convener.