Bush Search and Rescue Victoria’s online manual details search organisation, procedures, policy, techniques and equipment.
The following button is on the top of each manual page to help you navigate back to this page.
- Search equipment
- Safety clothing
- Heavy duty pants for searching
- Torches for searches
- Bothy shelters
- Packs for Searching
- GPS units
- Garmin Vista HCx
- Garmin eTrex GPS
- Start of Day Setup for Garmin eTrex
- Day searching equipment
- Group equipment
- BSAR Equipment
- UHF CB Radios technical notes
- Alpine Search and Rescue equipment
- Mammut Pulse Barryvox Avalanche Transceivers
The last hard copy edition was published in 2003 and is available to all members and other organisations on request. A PDF version of the 2003 edition can be downloaded here: [PDF 46MB]
Page versions are at the bottom of each page, e.g.
2003 Edition or Updated dd mmm yyyy