Tuesday 7 April 2015
The search for a young boy in Lake Eildon National Park resulted in him being found alive after a five-day search.
BSAR members made a substantial contribution to the search effort. A BSAR searcher found the boy’s hat in dense bush during a line search on day four. He was spotted from the Police helicopter on day 5 and was then carried out to safety.
The 11-year-old boy was last seen at the Candlebark Campground around 9.30am on Friday 3/4/15 walking away from the camp area wearing a grey top.
- Searchers in the shadows; inside the hunt for Luke, The Age, 11/4/15
- Luke Shambrook: Lost Australian boy found alive after five days, BBC News, 7/4/15
- Search for missing Victorian boy Luke Shambrook continues, The Age, 5/4/15
- Search for missing Victorian boy stopped for night despite earlier possible sighting, 9news.com.au, 5/4/15
- Still no sign of missing boy Luke Shambrook in search through Fraser National Park, The Age, 4/4/15
Last Updated on January 26, 2023