A body of skier has been located on Mount Feathertop in the vicinity of Avalanche Gully on Wednesday 24 August 2011.
The BSAR Alert for a possible Steep Snow and Ice call-out has now been cancelled.
A police helicopter recovered the man’s body around 6.00pm.
- Skier’s body found on Mount Feathertop, The Australian, 24 August 2011.
- Cross-country skier dies after falling 700m, ABC News, 24 August 2011.
- Difficult ski run turns deadly for doctor Graeme Nelson, The Age, 25 August 2011
- Extreme skier killed in 700-metre plunge, The Age, 25 August 2011
- Video – Skier falls 700m to his death – The Age
- Extreme skier dies after 700m plunge at Victoria’s Mount Feathertop, The Australian, 25 August 2011
Last Updated on February 17, 2021